Etco Transformers activity was established in the year 2002 as a partnership between Etco and the Former M.D. of Elco Industries to represent Elco industries in Nigeria.
The transformer activity is supplying and installing Power Transformers, Distribution Transformers and Switchgears to execute Rural Electrification projects, mainly Substations.
Today the transformers activity is representing solely Vonroll Ltd (Formerly Elco Industries, www.vonroll.com) in the field of Power and Distribution Transformers, by selling locally Transformers and by participating in PHCN tenders.
• Power transformers from 5MVA up to 800 MVA, 500KV
• Distribution transformers from 100KVA up to 5000KVA (5MVA)
• Mobile substations up to 60MVA, 230 KV
ELCO is considered as one of the top-leading manufacturers of Mobile substations in the world.
In the field of Medium and Low Voltage, Etco Transformers activity is representing Katzenstien Adler (K-A), a subsidiary of Electra Israel.
(K-A) is a leading manufacturer of Low and Medium voltage Switchgears, Packaged substations and full substations up to 160KV, including design, supply and installation.
The main activities of K-A are:
• Design, supply, installation and supervision of fixed substations from 10MVA up to 60MVA.
• Manufacturing of on load disconnectors with arching chambers up to 36KV, 600A
• Manufacturing of Low Voltage switchgears
• Manufacturing of Medium voltage switchgear up to 36KV.
• Manufacturing of Packaged Substation up to 1000KVA.
ELCO (today Etco transformers activity) has been operating in Nigeria for the past 29 years, executing turnkey projects of rural electrification and substations as follows:
1. In Yola-Gongola State 150km of rural electrification and substations.
2. In Warri-Delta State Rural electrification projects in Ivreni, Ugeily and Warri.
3. In Abuja, designed, supply of equipment and supervision of the construction and
installation of two Substations.
4. Abuja, Gwarinpa Substation. Consisting of 3 units of 15MVA 33/11KV and
5. Abuja, Embassy zone Substation. Consisting of 4 units of 15MVA 33/11KV and
switchgears in the Embassy Zone.